Saturday, May 6, 2017

Labyrinthic Eyes

I got lost in the darkness of your eyes. I was stubborn, I did not hold your hands. Now I'm here, not knowing which way to go. In this labyrinth of Borgean mirrors, all directions lead me to you.


Sometimes it's enough that you smile, so your teeth light up the stars in my eyes. We are too far away, it's hard to follow you long enough. I'm going forward, drag myself to the left, jump to the right. My mismatched breathing, as the musician who has not memorized the sheet music and who concentrates not to slide. The pleasure of the new is mixed with anxiety.

Tell me about the kisses you have not given me. Tell me a lie so I can smile. He says that he loves me and that one day we'll meet. He imagines me to his side with my hands like waves in his body, boosting a heat flow to every corner of him. Do you feel that connection?

His parted lips ask for more. His hot breath is on my neck. I grab you with passion and the care of who does not want to knead your favorite book. I tear you up and smell you. I'm liquefying. There is an instant of ruptures, restarts and shortness of breath.

Our eyes meet. In this game of virtualities, we are together and separated at the same time. My face burns. If you only knew the things I imagine. I paint you on my canva, splashing the paint like someone who wants to create a world of our own. In every line there is a piece of you. And only the artist can decipher between the lines. An explosion of colors.

I scribble you like someone who wants to immortalize this moment. Plunged into the clichés of my words, something is hidden from the obvious. It is necessary to put the right lenses. If I lend you, it may be that you never give them back. Maybe it's not so bad. Maybe it's like loving you and surprising me with the double hand, twisting, burning the blood in my veins. A kiss. One kiss and everything can change.

“Kisses do not lie” they say.

But my kiss would be a liar, as writers are. My kiss would say that it's okay to just enjoy the moment and mask the sullenness of this Platonism that can be as Aristotelian as you could imagine. The truth of truth lies in the bitterness of the unwanted goodbye. Too early, too late.

Without fear of distance. Without fear of falling in love. Fearless. Courage always charges its price. So close, so far, in this virtual universe, your reflection is all I have. In the palace of my mind, you have the crown and the power over my heart. His hand slips from my pocket and just a snap for me to understand. It is not a competition, a robbery... You pull me, hug me and whisper, “It's a great kingdom for one king.”

I step in front of the mirror and I'm smiling. You set me free only to find me again. Time for another dive, another adventure. “I see you in our dreams”. I close my eyes and his image is there, staring at me. I invite you to bed. A tight hug. The hours dissolve. We are an unfinished work of art. We reinvent ourselves at every touch, every brushstroke, every look; We discovered something we had not noticed.

I hold your hands and the room begins to shake. Our worlds are about to collide once again. Two moons glow in the sky, our bodies merge like a mosaic. It could be a dream, it could be a fantasy, but I open my eyes and you're there. The picture freezes. The end is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments